This is one for your lazy December holiday. It’s simple and easy to whip up for a quick lunch. It’s fabulous hot or cold and make a wonderful fresh addition to a beach picnic. Not much cooking here, apart from the pasta then a quick chop of fresh tomato, basil, a good grating of Parmesan and to finish it off a generous squeeze of lemon.
Ingredients – Serves 2-4
• ½ bag pasta – whatever your preference is.
• 3 ripe tomatoes – roughly chopped – cherry tomatoes cut in half work well here too.
• ½ cup of store bought basil pesto
• 1tbsp olive oil
• ½ cup fresh basil leaves – roughly torn
• ½ cup parmesan
• ½ lemon – squeezed
• ½ Chilli – chopped – Optional
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Cook the pasta until al dente
• Drain the pasta
• Add the olive oil
• Add the basil pesto and mix through
• Taste and season with salt and pepper, I find that a generous amount of seasoning is needed here, but depends on the amount of seasoning in your basil pesto
• Add the fresh tomatoes, basil, parmesan, chilli and gently mix
• Squeeze the lemon juice on
• Gently toss and eat!