This is one for your lazy December holiday. It’s simple and easy to whip up for a quick lunch. It’s fabulous hot or cold and make a wonderful fresh addition to a beach picnic. Not much cooking here apart from the pasta, then a quick chop of fresh tomato, basil, a good grating of Parmesan and to finish it off a generous squeeze of lemon.
Ingredients – Serves 2-4
- ½ bag pasta – whatever your preference is.
- 3 ripe tomatoes – roughly chopped – cherry tomatoes cut in half work well here too
- ½ cup of store bought basil pesto
- 1tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves – roughly torn
- ½ cup parmesan
- ½ lemon – squeezed
- ½ Chilli – chopped – Optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta until al dente
- Drain the pasta
- Add the olive oil
- Add the basil pesto and mix through
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, I find that a generous amount of seasoning is needed here, but depends on the amount of seasoning in your basil pesto
- Add the fresh tomatoes, basil, Parmesan, chilli and gently mix
- Squeeze the lemon juice on
- Gently toss and eat!