This Spanish delight is wonderfully satisfying and very yummy. The eggs once baked, puff up like a soufflé adding to the lightness of this dish. I like to be quite bold with my flavors when making a frittata, and highly recommend you do too. The Chorizo works perfectly here, adding a much needed smoky taste.
Cutting into the frittata’s interior will reveal gooey melted cheddar cheese, specks of gloriously rust coloured Chorizo and red cherry tomatoes. All embraced by a well-seasoned airy eggy sponge. It’s Perfect for a light lunch or brunch. Serve with a fresh ripe tomato salad and a dollop of tzatziki.
Ingredients – Serves 1
- 3 large eggs
- 10 disks of chorizo thinly sliced
- ½ cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 6 cherry tomatoes – quartered
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Basil – about ¼ cup – shredded
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
- Grease an ovenproof pan well
- Gently fry the chorizo in the small ovenproof pan
- Add the tomatoes after 2 minutes and fry for a further minute
- Whisk the eggs and season well
- Add the egg mixture into the chorizo and tomatoes
- Sprinkle the cheese on top
- Place immediately in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes until golden brown and puffed up.
- Once cooked, slide the frittata into a plate and top with shredded basil