Spring is here, and I could not resist making these Mango yogurt ice pops. It’s not summer yet, but hey, it’s never too early in the season for an ice pop, right? These little beauties are bright, juicy, fruity and sweet. They are perfect on a warm afternoon for a refreshing treat. Inspired by the mango, buttermilk and cardamon Indian drink, which is the perfect cooler on hot and balmy days.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to ice pop flavors and colours, and over the course of summer you will see many of my fun and delicious pop recipes. These ones are a healthier version and a hit with the kids and adults too.
I bought my ice pop maker from Amazon, and am very happy with it. It’s robust and makes great pops every time. I have found that most of the pop makers that I have used in the past are rather flimsy and don’t work very well. This one is well worth the money. I would suggest that you buy extra sticks as it takes a slightly thinner stick than normal. Otherwise you can use any size sticks and instead of using the lid, just use a piece of foil on top ( as seen in the photo below) Check it out. http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-423-Ice-Pop-Maker/dp/B0002IBJOG
600 ml Mango juice – I used Ceres (when mango is in season and ripe, I suggest blending fresh fruit rather)
- 11/2 cups plain natural yogurt, you can add more if you like
- 1tbs honey, adjust to the sweetness you like
- 1tsp lime or lemon juice
- I used a drop of orange colouring for photo purposes, however it’s really not necessary.
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Pour the liquid into the mold leaving a small space at the top for expansion.
- Place lid on and push sticks through the slit in the lid
- Place on a flat surface in your freezer for at least 5 hours to freeze
To unmold –
- Dip the mold into boiling water for about 25 seconds and gently pull the stick. Don’t panic if it doesn’t come out, just re dip it into the hot water for a few more seconds.
- Eat immediately